Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Well...

Although just yesterday I stated the need to be busy, for SOME reason I seemed to forget that today.

Great day at work - lots of good meetings, good work, and god bless my co-workers. They have been really awesome - even calling after hours for random reasons. How lucky am I that they kind of "get it"? Even if the reason calling is because I joked about my fat stinging while I run? LOL they really do rock. Does it get much better?

But really. I thought that if I went home, talked to a few friends, I would be okay. I would do my yoga, relax, etc. etc. Yeah. right. Dreaming.

Came home, had a glass of wine - pretty standard, actually, and then "the call". It was SOOO freaking good to hear his voice! Yes, he sounded tired and basically exhausted, but he called!! Good god being home really SUCKS without him. And now, here I am, quite a few drinks in and no work out. Feeling the flab and not much I can do for it now.

Sigh. I miss him. So I'm giving myself a week of crying, of sappy emails, or drinking myself to sleep, and then THAT IS IT. Next week will be a whole new story. Would he want anything else? I think not.


On a positive note, its been an extremely healthy eating day, besides all the wine! And I finished the book the "100 things challenge" which really made me think about my consuming habits. I know my weaknesses are shoes and clothes, but this really made me think about my purchases and my intentions of shopping. Lets hope I don't spend these few months shopping away my sadness!

No comments:

Post a Comment